Tuesday, December 27, 2005

What about Phone Spam?


Know what really bugs me?

All those people who phone me, pretend to be my friend and leave part of a recorded message on my answering service!

Does this ever happen to you?

These guys don't even wait for the tone! You get something like, "my garbage, then will make you gadzillions in 2 days with no investment and no money, blah, blah, blah, ad nauseum."

Don't they even know how to use the phone?

I'd rather have a telemarketer call me! At least then I can hang up on them! But THESE people just dial, turn on their recorded message, and hope someone's listening at the other end! How many times has my voice mailbox been too full for a legitimate caller to leave a message? I've lost count!

Then there are those people who collect my phone number from an online ad I'm running or my website, call me, and start out with, "Hi, I just saw your ad on the internet and wanted to call to tell you how we can help you make gadzillions with our garbage...."

When I hear this on my voice mail, I just delete it. If you're one of these people, rest assured; I will NEVER call you back! I don't want these people in my downlines.

When I'm at my phone and personally receive one of these calls, my very first question is, "What website were you visiting?" 99% of the time they don't have an answer! They have absolutely NO interest in what I'm doing, which instantly shows me that they have absolutely NO interest in me, and guess what? I'm NEVER going to do business with them!!

I'm not on any "Do-Not-Call" list, nor will I ever be. In my opinion, "Do-Not-Call" lists are a big joke. Who's going to prosecute the hundreds and perhaps even thousands of worldwide "businesses" who use phone spam to get their message out?

Once again, our high tech companies and lawmakers have their heads buried in the sand. If a simple system was created for voicemail that automatically hung up every time someone used an auto-dialer, or started to create a message BEFORE the tone, we'd eliminate a massive chunk of phone spam overnight. With today's technology, it CAN be done.

No comments: